• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Big Error.

I created an enemy. He must move around the room and, when meeting with the player, move towards him. Everything worked fine. Now I tried to make a random spawn of enemies, but he began to write that there is no function.

Variable Obj_Pile_of_dust.updPD(100059, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_Obj_Pile_of_dust_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 3) - if (updPD = 0) && (MoveYes = 0) && (global.MoveNo = 0)

But the command have this value.

room start
updPD = 0;

Help! Whats happened?

H

Haulidaie

The Room Start event is down the list a ways in what's executed first. Try saving your variables in the Create event instead.

Now, what help do you need with creating a "random spawn of enemies," and what do you mean by that?

The Room Start event is down the list a ways in what's executed first. Try saving your variables in the Create event instead.

Now, what help do you need with creating a "random spawn of enemies," and what do you mean by that?
I can assume that since the command of the “Room Start” takes place in the Object of the enemy, and there are several of them, something breaks.

I can not save it in Create, as these numbers change.

H

Haulidaie

If you post your step event code, I might be able to help more.