1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

BETA testing?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Marin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Marin

Marin Guest

I was thinking of sending my friend kind of a "Beta" test of my game, but something in license says I can't really transfer the app. Is there a way to send him a copy of a rookie-game, not even done yet?
    Thanks.

2. Lukan

Lukan Gay Wizard Freak

Um, you can compile the app and send it to friends all you want.

3. Shawn Basnett

Shawn Basnett Discount Dev

No, Lukan, that would be called making a game. That's not allowed.

Niels, rIKmAN and Lukan like this.
  4. Genetix

Genetix Member

Need more info - like Lukan said, why can't you compile the game and send a copy to your friend to try out?

5. If you're doing an iOS or Android build, both versions have very good beta testing programs. Very easy to set up. If it's Win/Linux, just run "Create Application".

6. Marin

Marin Guest

Yeah, but I gotta pay for those ,rite?

7. Geoff Jones

Geoff Jones Member

Yeah you need the full version to be able to make an executable.

8. Marin

Marin Guest

You mean I can't publish it anywhere if I dont pay?

9. LSGDƎV

LSGDƎV Guest

If you don't have the full version of GameMaker Studio 2 [I assume this is what you're using], then you can't export your game, as it's a trial [once again, assuming].