• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Best saving system for picking up item?

M

meme

Hello guys, so I'm making a game with an inventory. But the thing is, I want to save the inventory state everytime a player picks up item (e.g. Coin, materials). Currently im using a buffer saving system from this video

I'm not sure whether this is the fastest performance for my case or not, any suggestion?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
The video tutorial that you suggested is the best solution, use ds_map, they are very fast, almost instantaneous, in my opinion it is the best option.
Buffers are known to be extremely fast.
Of course, depending on the amount of information contained in it, it will take longer to load, but I'm referring to a 20 MB save file...

M

meme

The video tutorial that you suggested is the best solution, use ds_map, they are very fast, almost instantaneous, in my opinion it is the best option.
Buffers are known to be extremely fast.
Of course, depending on the amount of information contained in it, it will take longer to load, but I'm referring to a 20 MB save file...
Oh I see, thank you for the input! Yeaa my save file has 10kb data max :p