• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Best Advertisement Service in 2018 for Android Games?

Vinsane

Hey guys, this question is for the developers that are making android titles recently.

I'm curious to what everyone uses these days for ads?
I have AdMob for banner ads but I would love to know what everyone is using for video ads?

I know AdMob video ad is not supported due to doing some google searches so now i'm kind of lost on what service I should use that is reliable and not a scam. Especially now in 2018 things may have changed from what I've searched up on this forum. (as in some services may not be reliable anymore or do not work with game maker studio 2)

Thanks guys,

Sincerely,
Vince

Last edited:
H

HW.

Hey guys, this question is for the developers that are making android titles recently.

I'm curious to what everyone uses these days for ads?
I have AdMob for banner ads but I would love to know what everyone is using for video ads?

I know AdMob is not supported due to doing some google searches so now i'm kind of lost on what service I should use that is reliable and not a scam. Especially now in 2018 things may have changed from what I've searched up on this forum. (as in some services may not be reliable anymore or do not work with game maker studio 2)

Thanks guys,

Sincerely,
Vince
What did u mean Admob is not supported? Admob is Google Mobile Ads which is a built-in, a part of Google Play Services. It is the basic Ads provider for any Android developers to use for their Android games. In addition to other ads providers they might prefer to add too, of course.

For banner i still use Admob on my apps developed by GMS2 Mobile. For video ads, I use Unity Ads, but i think i prefer replacing it with Admob rewarded video ads in the future (especially if this extension is updated by YoYo).

Regarding reliability and not scam, For ads in general, statistic speaks itself. Google Admob is still the king of the Google's Android mobile ads marketshare.

If you ask about revenue for each publisher of course it is very relative for every single publisher with multifactor depending on advertisers, target audiences, regions, fill rates, cpm, etc.

Here is the statistic of Android mobile ads marketshare that might be useful for you to choose what provider is reliable and not scam, please read more details on the following link, (last updated as of 20 jan 2018):
SOURCE:
https://www.appbrain.com/stats/libraries/ad

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinsane

What did u mean Admob is not supported? Admob is Google Mobile Ads which is a built-in, a part of Google Play Services. It is the basic Ads provider for any Android developers to use for their Android games. In addition to other ads providers they might prefer to add too, of course.

For banner i still use Admob on my apps developed by GMS2 Mobile. For video ads, I use Unity Ads, but i think i prefer replacing it with Admob rewarded video ads in the future (especially if this extension is updated by YoYo).

Regarding reliability and not scam, For ads in general, statistic speaks itself. Google Admob is still the king of the Google's Android mobile ads marketshare.

If you ask about revenue for each publisher of course it is very relative for every single publisher with multifactor depending on advertisers, target audiences, regions, fill rates, cpm, etc.

Here is the statistic of Android mobile ads marketshare that might be useful for you to choose what provider is reliable and not scam, please read more details on the following link, (last updated as of 20 jan 2018):
SOURCE:
https://www.appbrain.com/stats/libraries/ad
Sorry mate I meant Admob not supported with video ads from what I last saw by my recent searches on the GM Forums.
I tried to set video ads up via Admob but it just refused to work, weird thing is it didn't display errors it just did not play the video ad on the phone when it was triggered,

So Unity ads will trigger fully working video ads for GMS2? I'm assuming it's an extension just like the Google Apps one.

Thanks for the link by the way i'm fairly sure if these last questions that I've just asked get answered I should be up to date with the current ad situation for GMS2.

Cheers HW,

Sincerely,
Vince

H

HW.

For Unity Ads video ads, you can use this free extension by Hanul:
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/3579/unityads

You can google translate the Korean description to English. However it still uses old Unity Ads SDK but is working fine on my .apk developed by GMS2 Mobile.

Oh, about the ads is shown or not. You should set it up properly as described from the guide. If the extension is already set up properly and ads is supposed to be shown then it can also depend on the fill rate of the ads. Is the ads on that slot currently available or not, depending on the country or is there any advertisers available when it is called.

Some publishers use mediation ads to solve the fill rate problem. Some paid extensions solve that case on marketplace.

But for banner, if you use Admob only, it is usually 90+% fill rate overall for many countries in my experience so i don't use any mediation.

For admob, video ads is generally lower than banner in term of fill rate overall, especially for non large countries and from what i read for the recent launched rewarded video ads which is still new, that's why i only use banner for now. For other ad providers, e.g. Unity Ads, it only serves video ads, no banner.

Last edited by a moderator: