• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Ben Tyers Books - experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miradur

Hello, I once bought a book from Ben Tyers, but after the payment I was put off for the time being.
I stumbled across an advertising link that advertised a book called "50 Retro Games" and since it was published by
Ben Tyers is and I had already loaded something (there is a thread with some books in the english forum),
for GM, which you can download for free and also some from Ben (but only samples)), I thought to myself,
nothing can go wrong.
After the payment I got however only one Mail, where he wrote in short words, that he soon with me in touch,
bez. of the book. That was 5 days ago and on his page the book becomes too fabulously cheap.
the first hundred and now I'm afraid that these hundred will also have to sell themselves,
before he starts with the "delivery".

Has anyone here ever bought a book from Ben and can you please tell me if there were any problems with the purchase?
I would also be interested to know if it makes sense to read his books at all, since I have already heard from some of the
I read that his books are actually just better picture books and you don't really learn anything from them.
Thank for your help.

The link it's about is called h t t p://w w w.gamemakerbook.c o m/50-retro-games/ and is used by my browser
is classified as not safe, therefore only inserted here as text and provided with blanks.

And here still the link to the free books, here in the forum:

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...ooks-for-learning-gml-200-gml-examples.33316/

Miradur

Looking at his site it does say "Pre-Order" so that sounds to me like they have not been completed yet. I guess you will have to wait until it is finished before you get it.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I'm not aware of any evidence the author is a scammer. He appears to be an established publisher. Perhaps this is just a misunderstanding about your order.

So it's best to deal directly with the author about your concerns. You can also contact the publisher (apress) about delivery issues. It's not something the GMC community can help with, but I hope you get it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.