• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beginners Start Here!

S

Specter

I see folks new to Gamemaker on the forums looking for some good tutorials to get their game making ambitions off the ground. Now there are a lot of good tutorials out there from the likes of Shaun Spalding, Heartbeast, etc. Some of these are directed at beginners, others are not, but most are on a specific type of game. If you want to learn GML which is the way to go, and your a beginner, let me direct you in the right direction. Learn GML right here www.gameprogrammingcourse.com This course has hundreds of videos and will give you overall knowledge of GML not just specific types of games, that way you can think for yourself and not need as much help. After this than you can go into these more specific tutorials and understand them better because you have a solid foundation from which to build. The course is done in GMS 1.4 but can be used in pretty much all versions of Gamemaker. Check it out! You'll be Glad you did!

S

sano_214

Whoa man, thanks a ton. I'm following a certain rpg tutorial on youtube, and a few videos in, every line of code just leaves me slack-jawed. I'll get started with this, and hopefully finally understand the why.

Rob

Whoa man, thanks a ton. I'm following a certain rpg tutorial on youtube, and a few videos in, every line of code just leaves me slack-jawed. I'll get started with this, and hopefully finally understand the why.
Stick with it and it will get easier - eventually!

Remember - if your head's hurting you're exercising your brain, right? (Or maybe you're dying...)