• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beginner - help with enemy movement

M

mob16

I am a beginner using gamemaker 8. I have experience in some programming language before.
I have a simple game with enemys and player. Once my player is too close to the enemy (without touching) the enemy begins to move erratically around the level. Any help on how I could over come this??? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

M

mob16

I have only used drag n drop for this... have on collision with enemy jump to stsrt position but problem is when close to enemy it moves.. no code for thos and i have just set direction and vspeed for enemy so shud only move up n down

A

Adjud

well im not sure about drag and drop, but your sprite might be too large, so if you touch the enemy and its supposed to go back to start witch would be where you placed the enemy to start with it would jump back to where it started but collide with your object that is sitting in its spot, so it ends up jumping indefinately. i would pay attention to the size of the sprite image. i don't have enough information about your game to give you further assistance.