• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Becoming a Publisher?

P

Pipsy

Hey guys, new publisher here.

I'm just trying to figure out: how do I become a publisher? I'm trying to register as a publisher (on yoyogames), but I got stuck at the field requesting for an "example link" of my work ('link to an example of assets you'll be creating').

Here lies my problem -- do I need to have a website with some of my projects simply to become a publisher? Or can I just give a link to some of my projects? I'm becoming a publisher in order to post my engines where others can take (and hopefully learn from) them, I most definitely did not come here with an entire website with all my stuff on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

freekshow_kc

simply link a project you are going to sell / distribute

P

Pipsy

Took me a while to realize, that you're not actually trying to become indie game publisher, just don't know how to use Yoyo Marketplace. Had to delete all my rant.
That's why I specifically worded it as "register as a publisher", as you must do in the yoyogames marketplace before selling anything.

simply link a project you are going to sell / distribute
Thank you! Would google drive be the best way to do this? I've never shared any of my projects before aside from emailing it back and forth between a buddy.