• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beat The Things

D

devonhg

Hi Guys, feels good to have the forums back.

I started what I called "Weekend Projects". I did it for about a month and produced 4 games over the course of each weekend. This the result of weekend three. I'm now moving on to slightly bigger projects with what I've learned.

The whole goal behind this was to practice project development and I'm very happy with the results. Did them all in HTML5 and I'm actually quite excited about the platform.

Beat The Things
The goal is simple, survive for as long as possible

You will have waves of enemies coming your way, the goal is to strike down all the enemies of each wave and proceed to the next. See how high of a wave you can get!

I built this using ZBGs intermediate platformer engine. https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/758/intermediate-platformer-engine

Play "Beat The Things" Now

So, what do you guys think?

Attachments

S

SuperSlim

I really like how the game looks! Might be better with AI but maybe you wanted it like that. Either way it's a pretty fun game.

D

devonhg

I really like how the game looks! Might be better with AI but maybe you wanted it like that. Either way it's a pretty fun game.
Yeah, the AI is nothing to gawk at. Literally all the enemies do is run until they hit a wall, then turn around. With exception of the jumpers, they jump while doing this.

Still though, appreciate the feedback!