Beat The Things

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by devonhg, Jun 21, 2016.

1. devonhg

devonhg Member

Hi Guys, feels good to have the forums back.

I started what I called "Weekend Projects". I did it for about a month and produced 4 games over the course of each weekend. This the result of weekend three. I'm now moving on to slightly bigger projects with what I've learned.

The whole goal behind this was to practice project development and I'm very happy with the results. Did them all in HTML5 and I'm actually quite excited about the platform.

Beat The Things
    The goal is simple, survive for as long as possible

[​IMG]

You will have waves of enemies coming your way, the goal is to strike down all the enemies of each wave and proceed to the next. See how high of a wave you can get!

I built this using ZBGs intermediate platformer engine. https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/758/intermediate-platformer-engine

Play "Beat The Things" Now

So, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

KurtBlissZ and SuperSlim like this.
  2. SuperSlim

SuperSlim Member

I really like how the game looks! Might be better with AI but maybe you wanted it like that. Either way it's a pretty fun game.

devonhg likes this.
  3. devonhg

devonhg Member

Yeah, the AI is nothing to gawk at. Literally all the enemies do is run until they hit a wall, then turn around. With exception of the jumpers, they jump while doing this.

Still though, appreciate the feedback!

SuperSlim likes this.
  4. KurtBlissZ

KurtBlissZ Member

I made it up to wave 14 and I'm really impressed with this game. I had lots of fun mostly with the 3-4 enemy types.

devonhg likes this.
  5. KurtBlissZ

KurtBlissZ Member

Coming back to this I made it to wave 16!

devonhg likes this.