BBS [triggered recoil shooter]

A

Alsekond

Hello everyone. In this thread i will make development logs for my new game. It will be HD sequel to my old game Scrappers.
Below you can find screenshots and gameplay video from old game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alsekond

I tested yellow highlight for enemy bullet hit. It looks interesting. Wonder if there is a way to use different highlight color in gameplay.

I will show Dune Knight on #gameplanet. Getting ready to event! Need to make improvements to game. Not much time left. #screenshotsaturday

A

Alsekond

Cool man, but heres some things you might wanna change...

1: You should make a healthbar under/above the enemy so the player nows how much health the enemy has.
2: You need to add a download so people can try out your game.
3: Same with the health bar, it would be nice to have a text saying the name of the enemy.
4: Sprites are great.
5: Well thought of.
6: AWSOME man!
Thanks.
I will add enemy healthbars to game. Currently I make both games on Game Maker but GM versions isn't ready yet. But you can play prototypes of Scrappers here and Dune Knight here, both prototypes was made using other tools and may not work.

A

Alsekond

I connect 2 bodies with revolute joint but it getting harder with more complex ojbects. How did you make physics objects? #box2d

A

Alsekond

Making splitscreen deathmatch. Have placed respawn points on map and respawn players in it in random order. To make it i add all points to list and choose one of them randomly then delete it from list to avoid duplicate. Wonder how you do it?

Friends, is there a way to hide big screenshots like this under spoiler?

A

Alsekond

Okay...
I played your game, and I have some more advice.

1: When a bullet hits an enemy robot/thing it should make a small explosion sound or somthing.
2: You should enable double jumping giving the player a second jump.
3: You nee to add a better health bar for the player.
4: Good idea to make the player move back when shooting.
5: You should make multiplayer.
6: Enemys somtimes don't flash when shot.
7: Flash should be yellow, not white.
8: Nice about everythoing else though!

And 9: It won't let me play Dune Knight.
Thanks for feedback.
1. I have planned to add sounds later.
2. I think double jump should expand gameplay later in game.
3. Definitely
4. Thanks. I want to use this mechanics better in game but currently don't know how
5. Currently i added splitscreen coop in game. Up to 4 players
6. In new game they will use another flash system.
7. Yep. Yellow looks very good.
8. Thanks.

9. I will check what issue there.

A

Alsekond

Using string with comma separated weapon names to make weapon list

Using SCP program to connect #PS4 and #PS3 gamepads to #windows10. Also good program DS4Windows but it only works with #DS4.

A

Alsekond

Experiment with shells physics and recoil.

Preparation and participation in the Game Planet took a very long time. Just today I was able to return to development.
The event was awesome. I showed my game to real gamers, got feedback, met great developers, got new skills.
Here how looks my stand before the beginning of festival.

A

Alsekond

First test of shotgun recoil. Need to add more particles.

Should I hide shells in air or on the ground?

A

Alsekond

I have no time for gifs yesterday. So 2 today.

Added some sparkles when shell hits ground.

Added smoke from some shells. Don't know how to make it better. Any ideas?

A

Alsekond

I have added smoke from weapon. Also shell restitution was increased.

A

Alsekond

I have added this physical box. Plan to make it breakable. Hope it will be useful in future.

A

Alsekond

Have added bullet fly animation for one more weapon. Will call it railgun for a while.

A

Alsekond

Game progress for november in 36 sec. Done very much and still need much to do.

A

Alsekond

Have added muzzle flash and boom for machine destroying. + camera roll in shoot direction to make it better

A

Alsekond

Finally bought Geon FX. It is best particle editor for Game Maker Studio and Game Maker Studio 2. Here is my first attempt to make effect in it.

G

Glockster

This looks like a fantastic game. You should upload a working Demo, and I would be happy to test it!
The graphics are nice and the gameplay looks fun.

A

Alsekond

This looks like a fantastic game. You should upload a working Demo, and I would be happy to test it!
The graphics are nice and the gameplay looks fun.
Thanks a lot! Working hard to make good game. Demo isn't available yet. But i will add information to this topic when it will be available.

A

Alsekond

What you think about gameplay feature like this? Weapon recoil compensate gravity.

A

Alsekond

Did you think about weapon recoil as a weapon? For now it looks like a comb but it still has potential.

M

MEITdev

Hi there!

!!! I know you make changes every day, so this is already out of date, however in some time in the future, IF this kind of video may help you I am more than happy to make a follow up video then :) Just let me know ;)

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The reason WHY is explained HERE

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes.
Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

Keep up the great work, cannot wait to see this game released! ^_^

F

FROGANUS

Really like the artwork style! (sci fi meatboy shooter).
Will you be able to shoot downward and use recoil to fly?
Will you be able to shoot downward at all? (or upward for that matter)

Cheaz!

A

Alsekond

Have added golden gears from machines boom. Collect them and buy goods in shop later.

A

Alsekond

Really like the artwork style! (sci fi meatboy shooter).
Will you be able to shoot downward and use recoil to fly?
Will you be able to shoot downward at all? (or upward for that matter)

Cheaz!
Thank you! Currently it is possible to shoot downward and use weapon recoil to fly down slowly. Also when shoot downward shortly after jump then it is possible to jump higher.

M

mariospants

SO impressive! What are you using to capture your vids in such perfect resolution???

M

mariospants

Using screen2gif capture software
Beautiful captures, full-quality, I'm very impressed. Of course, the output is huge, so you've got to limit the # of frames, colors, detail, etc. to make it fit under 2MB...