Battle stations!

Roa

All men on deck- post'm!

I just got this new desk my father made and so I wanted to show off my setup. I know it may seem like I'm a spoiled rich kid, but honestly I'm super poor lol Most of this is hand me downs or collected over many many years, one peice at a time.

Last edited:

Fern

I'm jealous. I wish my desk was that big. It used to be... before the big move I had to do. Congrats on the new desk, may it carry you into the land of successful game development.

Reactions: Roa

Roa

I'm jealous. I wish my desk was that big. It used to be... before the big move I had to do. Congrats on the new desk, may it carry you into the land of successful game development.
Yeah, thanks. I'm hoping having more space will lower my clutter and stress and as a result will get more done. Still getting use to it, but I already feel slightly better.

Roa

You guys are supposed to man your battle stations! Uploads! even if its a potato. I can't fight the enemy myself.

KurtBlissZ

I also have a air mouse remote with a keyboard on the back. It's perfect for browsing the web and launching games from my futon. Sadly my computer just started turning off by its self. Maybe because it topped 81 degrees, so its death up here.

KurtBlissZ

Is that a bitfenix ?
Yeah, the case. I got one with handles so It would easier to move around. https://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-08-14/BitFenix_Prodigy_M_01.jpg

Edit: Should we share our specs too? I got this computer in 2013, only thing I done since is went from a 1TB drive to a 2TB drive. My dad picked everything out, we went with mini form factor because I wanted to move it around a lot.

My Specs:
Intel Core i3-3225 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/DVI-D/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card (11200-14-20G)
Samsung 250GB SSD
Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM HD
8GB Ram DDR3
ASUS Intel H77 mini ITX Motherboard

Just order some compressed air cans, I clean it like 3-4 months ago. I hope it just needs clean, since it turns off then back on contentiously until I pull the plug.

Last edited:

Roa

@Cantavanda Specs are cool, but what we need is men willing to fight. How can you do that without showing us your station?

@Seabass (The Human) lol, I just realized the desk you have was the alternative to making my own :p. So claustrophobic. I like my cubbyholes, but that would drive me nuts. Monitors are so big and so close lol. Too much in one area.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
You call it problematic, I call it interesting.
It is interesting. Like those "can you find it" games.

Can you find:
- nail clippers
- USB thumbdrive
- screws
- seashell
- 500 euro note
- dried flowers
- pistol / revolver (miniature)
- crossbow
- pocket watch
- hamburger and fries stickers
- blue pencil
- playing cards
- glue
- scissors
- tape dispenser
- batteries

G

Galladhan

You call it problematic, I call it interesting.

EDIT: Let's play a game - name the most interesting thing you've seen on the picture of my "station" :D
R2-D2 and C-3PO LEGO miniatures (figures*). =)

EDIT(I have Kirby in the same position lol)

Last edited:

Mercerenies

If this topic still exists in another week, I'll show mine. I'm not at my apartment right now though, so my current battle station is my parents' kitchen table :p

Roa

You guys are too tidy...

(I took a 33MP picture so you can observe all the details)
This is the clutter I like XD I love the legos, the camera stand and all. One thing strangely absent... where is the pc? the mouse? the keyboard?

Roa

I noticed the Star Craft 2 on the monitor, the fact that anyone plays that anymore is the most interesting thing to me.
Its funny you mention that, because if you jump on the dolphin emulator for gamecube and use the networking adapter, you can actually jump on and play it still.

Last edited:
N

NPT

All men on deck- post'm!

I just got this new desk my father made and so I wanted to show off my setup. I know it may seem like I'm a spoiled rich kid, but honestly I'm super poor lol Most of this is hand me downs or collected over many many years, one peice at a time.

You know had you not shared that your father father made it, I probably would not have bothered to even look.

I'm glad I did, that truly is a a fantastic piece of furnature. You should be proud.

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
<snip>
- 500 euro note
If only it were real...

I noticed the Star Craft 2 on the monitor, the fact that anyone plays that anymore is the most interesting thing to me.
I was surprised as well but there are quite enough people for you to have fun on the ladder, no matter which expansion you're on. I even play Starcraft: Brood War now and then... So if any of you guys need someone to play Starcraft with (and if you don't mind that I'm not very good at it) - send a PM or something :)

This is the clutter I like XD I love the legos, the camera stand and all. One thing strangely absent... where is the pc? the mouse? the keyboard?
But have you noticed that the camera stand is also made of LEGOs? The mouse and keyboard are pulled out from under the surface of the desk, I'll upload another picture later on.

In the meantime, here's some more stuff you may have missed on that picture:
-Bottle lid with a pressure valve (for science purposes),
-Three Symbian phones (there would be four but I had to take the photo with one of them),
-Yu-Gi-Oh trap card (hard to find),
-Gothic metal and Power metal CDs,
-Nightmare before Christmas keychain

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I just got this new desk my father made...]
Your dad is a skilled carpenter. If only he could do something about that hideous wallpaper. Reminds me of my first house (in Columbus Ohio USA). My girlfriend (at the time) wanted the old wallpaper removed. So I rented this steamer contraption to loosen it, then I scraped it off. (Lots of plaster to patch afterwards.)

How do you like that illuminated keyboard? Never used one myself, but I think the light might be distracting. Or maybe it's not as bright as it looks in the photo.

Lukasmah

It's a coupon sheet for a restaurant in Poland. My sister gave it to me after she received it from a friend who went to Poland. I don't know what the words mean.
I do. And the price is determined by how much you eat, but not necessarily what you eat. I've never heard of something like that before.

Anyway, I can do that, too.

Complete mess? Check.
Random crap? Check.
Crossbow? Check.
Something in Polish? Check.

I forgot to add money and legos, though.

Roa

Your dad is a skilled carpenter. If only he could do something about that hideous wallpaper. Reminds me of my first house (in Columbus Ohio USA). My girlfriend (at the time) wanted the old wallpaper removed. So I rented this steamer contraption to loosen it, then I scraped it off. (Lots of plaster to patch afterwards.)

How do you like that illuminated keyboard? Never used one myself, but I think the light might be distracting. Or maybe it's not as bright as it looks in the photo.
I really should clarify the situation. It was supposed to be made by my dad as a gift lol

I made the plans and designs, modeled it, and measured it, and figured material cost. I was aiming for no more than 150. It was supposed to be for my B-day and so I was trying to get my dad to build it as a gift, save myself the cost and labor. He had the power tools and the money. He originally just wanted to buy one, but I had to really egg him into the idea that we could make it bigger and more to my needs for cheaper. He kinda fought me with it but we eventually got it done. It was more of a dual effort than just him doing it, and the only way he would start is if I started playing with his power tools without him XD. He kept trying to change the plans mid way and cut the legs wrong so many times, which is funny cause he is an engineer. Had to even drop another 100 bucks on extra wood and all to get it going, but after almost a month, finally got it done. I'm extremely grateful for it, and my dad put time and all the money down for it, but he isn't nearly as talented or motivated as I made it first sound :p

And yeah the wall paper is god awful. Not only is it ugly as sin, but it sweats and peels. Welcome to a house made in the 20s previously owned by a little old granny. I want to tear it down, but the house is still under land contract. We still have espestice in the house.

The light in the keyboard is softer than it looks on camera. I really like back-light keys because you can see them better in the dark (obviously) and the characters and symbols don't wear off over time with washing and key presses. This model is actually pretty cheap and comes in 3 colors. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129038

I do. And the price is determined by how much you eat, but not necessarily what you eat. I've never heard of something like that before.

Anyway, I can do that, too.

Complete mess? Check.
Random crap? Check.
Crossbow? Check.
Something in Polish? Check.

I forgot to add money and legos, though.
lol. I see chance's Profile pic in there.

But have you noticed that the camera stand is also made of LEGOs?
Yeah, that's what I meant lol. Lego's rule.

Last edited:

Roa

Another coolmaster Storm user :p
Case looks familiar too, is that a rosewill? It looks like their design?

Another coolmaster Storm user :p
Case looks familiar too, is that a rosewill? It looks like their design?
It is also cooler master
I got the keyboard and mouse combo, because it was cheap and my keyboard was ~10 years old, and the keys were starting to stick