• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Basic Collisions not Working, please help!

J

Josh Perkey

I have a character object and it won't collide with my solid building object (or any solid object, for that matter.) I've set up a collision event between that and my solidObjectParent object (parent object of all objects that have collisions with character object). From that, I have a buildingObjectParent (parent object of all objects that are buildings and can be entered) which is the child of the solidObjectParent (since it should collide with the character). I've tried setting up a collision event with the solidObjectParent, the buildingObejctParent, and the building objects themselves to no avail. I've watched two or three basic collision YouTube videos and have followed them step by step (or so I believe) and my collisions still aren't working. I'm using the same collision mask as the sprites for all of these objects. I have the 30 day trial, however I believe it's a trial of the full version so I'm not sure why that would be causing a problem.

Version: IDE v.2.2.3.436 Runtime v.2.2.3.344

Character: Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.54.06 PM.png

Solid Parent Object: Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.54.53 PM.png

Building Parent Object: Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.55.10 PM.png

Building Object: Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.55.28 PM.png

Building Sprite/Mask: Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.55.58 PM.png

Thanks for any help you can give!

sinigrimi

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that the fact is that your player uses physics and there are no other objects, try to play with this