• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Basic code for create event for beginers(GML)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivia

if you want to set the walk speed, jump speed, gravity, hsp, vsp you can use this
follow these step:
Step 1: click on add event.
Step 2: select event create.
Step 3: write '' /// @des Establish some key variables ''
1634117503950.png
Step 4: write all these lines of code in( in the picture )
1634117672899.png
hsp: hortical speed
vsp: vertical speed
grv: gravity
walksp: walk speed
jumpsp: jump speed

I will post more if I have time. :)

Last edited:

Nidoking

This seems like step one of a thirty or so step tutorial. It doesn't accomplish anything without the additional processing to use those variables for the purposes listed, and any tutorial that's going to teach how to do that processing is also going to include setting up the Create event. What is your intended audience for this, seemingly composed of people who know how to write movement controls but somehow don't know how to write a Create event?

gnysek

It's also interesting why those variables are duplicating 3 built-in ones (in fact, vspeed and hspeed are also setting direction and speed and opposite, and are used automatically in collisions events to prevent passing trough solid objects with just comment in code editor, so they have more usages).

D

Deleted member 13992

Unsure what the point of this thread is. If you're trying to teach others what variables are, you kind of need to demonstrate their use past just declaring them.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If you want to share a code snippet, please post it here:

If you want to turn this into a full-fledged tutorial, please post a fleshed out version here:

Either way, in its current state, I doubt this will be of much use as it neither conveys any meaningful information nor does it demonstrate how to do anything other than basic variable assignments.

I'll lock this topic since a loose topic containing some code that gets drowned out by other topics since it was posted in a support forum doesn't really help anyone. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.