Windows Baricentro - move the room

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Andrea Dominante, Jun 28, 2016.

1. baricentro is one of the many projects I have been having in mind for long time, but so far the one I think to bring to an end.

DESCRIPTION: a simple platform where you have to drive a neon-ish cube through the room, but you won't move it - you'll move the environment around it.

HOW TO PLAY:
    Arrows: left/right to change room angle, up/down to change it upside-down (180 degrees)
    F: toggle fullscreen on/off

GAMEPLAY:
    Reach the square, black hole (it's in the bottom of the room in the first stage) and avoid the red neon-ish laser beams.

WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS DEMO:
    - A basic first level that introduces you to the movement to get confident with the cube mechanics
    - A quarter of the second level that will introduce you to the neon beams
    - Some death SFX

TODO LIST:
    - At least 30 - 36 levels
    - SFX and BGM (chillout, relaxing style)
    - A decent menu involving the cube itself
    - Traps?

DOWNLOAD .ZIP

Some screens
    http://i.imgur.com/NPiX4T3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/oOEgFJ0.jpg

ANY SUGGESTION/CRITICISM IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED, THANKS FOR THE ATTENTION!

2. GameQuester

GameQuester Member

I find it a bit confusing when I used the 180° switch, because it's so abrupt. I'm curious how you will design the next levels. Good start so far.

Got this error after finishing the second room.
    of Step Eventobj_hole
    for object obj_square:

Moving to next room after the last room.
    at gml_Object_obj_square_Collision_5
    ############################################################################################

Andrea Dominante likes this.
  3. Thanks for the feedback.

For the 180 degrees thing, I can't think of other ways to implement it; making it a little bit more continuous would make you feel dizzier and would damage the gameplay, in my opinion.

The error is because, as I stated before, this demo includes only the first finished level and a quarter of the second, so there is no third room so far.