HTML5 Banner Ads for HTML5?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by LukeJapanwalker, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LukeJapanwalker

LukeJapanwalker Member

Does anyone know if there are any good ad options for HTML5 games?

So far it looks limited to nonexistent!

2. True Valhalla

True Valhalla Full-Time Developer GMC Elder

You nailed it. One exception may be HTML5 AdSense for Games but you need to get approved by Google to use it.

3. LukeJapanwalker

LukeJapanwalker Member

Thanks True Valhalla,
    That sucks!

There is a Supersonic ads option but the websites seems to have changed due to negative reviews ir something.

Has anyone had success using supersonic ads?

4. True Valhalla

I'd avoid advertising in your HTML5 games entirely...it's not worth it. I don't run a single ad these days.

Setting up a business that can earn decent money from ads takes so much longer than most people assume. And most don't have that sort of time/energy to spare. You'll need millions of plays to earn $1,000 per month and unless you have a hit with Facebook Instant Games that's a big ask. The CPM rates are just too low compared to native mobile.

Selling non-exclusive licenses has been much more profitable and reliable for me: I made ~$16,000 USD from HTML5 games in the last 3 months of 2017. The first quarter of 2018 has been even better. There's still a lot of money in the licensing market, but it's more competitive today than it was 5 years ago.

andev and DukeSoft like this.
  5. clee2005

clee2005 Member

@True Valhalla have you any experience with Facebook Canvas? I'm guessing this is the same result with ads? Low ecpm and virtually not worth doing? Can you use the Google Adsense for HTML5 on Facebook Canvas? I don't think it's an approved ad provider for Facebook right?

Thanks,
    Chris

6. True Valhalla

Sorry Chris, I don't know the answer to any of those questions. I haven't published any games on Facebook (yet).