• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Bad display images in HTML version

nnn1czech

Nice day, (I do not know how much English - translated text.)
I created a memory game. In the Windows version I'm going okay. I want in HTML. (First I tried the game in HTML. In the test code from the manual, which I ultimately did not use, I tried the Windows version. Then I forgot to change.) Yesterday I found out that my HTML version poorly images show. E.g. instead of buttons display images and vice versa.

It does not work even on the Web. Link: http://ubytovanivespindlu.cz/hry/pexeso/pexeso.html

It should look as in the attached figure.

Attachments

gnysek

I see totally different images, which means:

1) you need to export your game again
2) check in resource tree that you don't have wrong images

Also - as for website, I doesn't recommend HTML5 exporter, as it's whole game engine, while with normal HTML you can do it faster and better for static content, without scripts.

nnn1czech

I tried instead to have one sprite with multiple images of cards I put the pictures into different sprites. Now, when I give in the GMS run, so the game is displayed OK. On the Web, however, still do not.

I misunderstood what you recommended.

nnn1czech

So tonight I went back to the game site and it appears fine. I do not know what it is. Perhaps the fact that I turned off the computer in the meantime. So until then changes to take effect. So it was probably the fact that I had 20 pictures in one sprite. And each image was shown in a different objects.

Thank you for trying to help.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
May well have been a cache out in the internet that hadn't updated to the new version of the image and was service old files. CDNs are especially bad at this....

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We had a bug in the public version which meant that if you switched from Windows target to HTML5 then the compile cache was corrupted, which meant it was indexing the wrong graphics in the HTML5 version, this fixed itself if the cache was cleaned and then everything rebuilt for HTML5 - this has been fixed internally and will be out in the next public version.

NOTE : Same bug was in GMS1 as well (and we have fixed it for that too).

Russell

Roderick

We had a bug in the public version which meant that if you switched from Windows target to HTML5 then the compile cache was corrupted, which meant it was indexing the wrong graphics in the HTML5 version, this fixed itself if the cache was cleaned and then everything rebuilt for HTML5 - this has been fixed internally and will be out in the next public version.

NOTE : Same bug was in GMS1 as well (and we have fixed it for that too).

Russell
I've run into that bug several times, I never knew what was causing it, though I had figured out the workaround. Thanks for the explanation.

Do we know when the fix will go live?

chirpy

I've had similar issues happening multiple times with GM:S 2 so far; game runs fine in editor (Test | VM | Local | default) but sprites are mapped incorrectly in HTML5 version (wrong index for all sprites, running from editor). The first few times it happened I was able to fix it using the clean button (ctrl F7) before running which sounded exactly like the bug @rwkay described.

A later time, however, cleaning before running didn't fix the issue. I had to adjust "Game Options - Platform Settings - HTML5 - Graphics"; changing "Texture Page Size" from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024 fixed my issue. Not sure if it's related but I also used 1024x1024 for my Android target.