• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Backgrounds and Object Sizing

K

Kiyoshiakira

I've got a character select type of deal going on. I'm trying to only assign the characters to one room, so that I can save game space. The only thing is I'd like the characters to stay a smaller size and I'd like the background to change after clicking on the object for that character. It's pretty much a clicker game. You click the Object, it explodes, goes back to the middle and then starts again but faster. I'll need help with coding that as well. Perhaps a chat would help so someone can lead me through it.

global.object = bird_face;
global.background = bird_print;
room = animal_room

That's what I have for the Objects that are for choosing the characters. Let me know what I can do to set the size and the background for the room. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

I've got a character select type of deal going on. I'm trying to only assign the characters to one room, so that I can save game space. The only thing is I'd like the characters to stay a smaller size and I'd like the background to change after clicking on the object for that character. It's pretty much a clicker game. You click the Object, it explodes, goes back to the middle and then starts again but faster. I'll need help with coding that as well. Perhaps a chat would help so someone can lead me through it.

global.object = bird_face;
global.background = bird_print;
room = animal_room

That's what I have for the Objects that are for choosing the characters. Let me know what I can do to set the size and the background for the room. Thanks for the help!
You should check out the Catch the Clown tutorial, it sounds similar to what you mentioned regarding clicking, resetting the position, increasing movement speed each time etc.

Do that and you should then have the knowledge to apply it to using your own graphics, tweak the code to fit your own clicker mechanics etc.