• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Background Tiles Not Functioning

Elijah Budd

Hello!
I have been working on a game for about a year now, and the main content is completed. All I have left to do are locations. Unfortunately, the Tiles tab of the room editor has stopped working altogether.

I have tried rebooting my computer, reloading the software, and even uninstalling and reinstalling. I am on Game Maker (Pro License) v1.4.1772

I have tried moving the background tiles outside the folders, but the Tiles list simply does not reset and they do not show up. The Objects drop down still works fine as expected.

This is especially strange as it first started a week ago (haven't gotten any work done on it since) and it just stopped functioning properly mid-session. I didn't even close the program or edit anything when it stopped showing the drop down items.

gm issue.png

One thing that may be notable: starting a day ago, I got this error message every time I started up Game Maker. However, neither clicking Yes nor No has resolved the issue.
gm error message.png

If anyone could enlighten me on a solution, or even just acknowledge that this issue is not just my computer, that would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time! :)