• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Background Loss of Quality?

O

ohbadman

For some reason my background layer seems to have a loss of quality when it is opened in run mode or as an executable? I imported a file in different formats to check if it was the file upload extension, but also tested it by drawing on top in game maker 2 and that was also blurry and had it looked like there was a quality loss around basic pixel art. Inside the editor it all looks fine though. Is there something I am missing that is causing this? Thanks!

LunaticEdit

In graphics tab of whatever your export is (under the 'options' tree), make sure you have unchecked "interpolate colors between pixels".

O

ohbadman

It is unchecked. It must be something to do with the import file. I made a new sprite and edited within game maker and also my character sprite both were fine. I'll play around with it I guess and try different imports but that seems to be the problem. I guess that's part of my question. Has anyone else had any issues importing images and experienced anything similar?

K

Kenjiro

If the dimensions of the background exceed the texture page size, you will get blurring.

I think by default it is 2048 x 2048 and can be adjusted in preferences.

O

ohbadman

So that seemed to be it based off that I scaled the image down to test that lower than 2048 and it fixed that issue. I think I am still missing where it is in settings. Thank you guys so much though for your help. Lifesavers! Still trying to get a handle on all this so I really appreciate the help of this community!

K

Kenjiro

Not sure where it is in GMS2 off hand, as I'm not in front of my PC.

But if it exceeds the texture page, GMS auto resizes it.