BaaS integration in GMS2

C

Cowlord

Hello,

I am looking into solutions for multiplayer games. I'm not really into writing my own server and hosting it when things like PlayFab.com and GameSparks exist. Problem is no back end servers currently have an SDK for GMS. I know someone has gotten PlayFab to work in GMS using webhooks... but there is no documentation to use as a reference.

Could someone please point me in the direction on where to go from here... currently considering writing an extension from their C++ SDK or being a pioneer implementing http webhooks that the company doesn't even support support this method enough to mention it in documenation.

MudbuG

I plan to make donations available through Patreon after I have a minimal working extension that includes real-time communications.

MudbuG

Basic real-time is working, but I would definitely consider this an Alpha. The project is at a good point for some people to do some test integrations. I will definitely need feedback on the somewhat rough API so that I can improve it.

A test GML "Game" is included in the repo, you will need to setup your own GameSparks game, plug in the API key and secret, and use the appropriate user authentications in the "obj_gamesparks_startup" object.