1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Aye Aye Captain - Pirate Crew Permadeath

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by ZombieLawyer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ZombieLawyer

ZombieLawyer Member

Demo here!

Hey everyone, I've been working on a pirate ship crew management game as a hobby for the last year or so. The game has quite a few features (saves to .ini file, several varied rooms/combat situations, etc.) The graphics are from a graphics artist I commissioned. I'm self-taught and the game is still being heavily developed. At the below link, where the free playable demo is, you can also see the devblog that is updated about every 2-3 weeks with a new version of the game. I haven't had much player feedback yet though, and I'd love to get people's opinions on style and gameplay.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Demo here!

Red Phantom, sitebender and N0ba like this.
  2. N0ba

N0ba Member

It looks fun!
    Are you going to add a water background though? I think it really needs one.

3. ZombieLawyer

ZombieLawyer Member

Definitely. Just been focused more on gameplay elements than visual ones at the moment. I'm also hoping to add a hurricane style event during combat as well.

N0ba likes this.
  4. Toque

Toque Member

Looks interesting.

Red Phantom likes this.
  5. Geoff Jones

Geoff Jones Member

I like the idea and also love the name you chose for the game. The demo is a bit of a mess at the moment though.

6. ZombieLawyer

ZombieLawyer Member

Yeah, the demo is more just a tech demo of what's going on.

I included waves in the combat scene, but I need suggestions on how to make it more fitting of the theme :/ [​IMG]

Red Phantom likes this.
  7. ZombieLawyer

ZombieLawyer Member

Decided to soften the water images a bit to fit in more with the pixelated feel.

[​IMG]

Red Phantom likes this.