Portfolio - Art [AVAILABLE][PRO][PIXEL ART] ckelsallpixels - Versatility, Efficiency, Quality

|| CHRISTOPHER KELSALL ||

Contact
ArtStation
Twitter

Hello! I'm Chris. I've been pixelling since 2003, and shortly after started making the graphics for my brother's Gamemaker games. I'm now a professional visual artist looking for paid work experience on commercial projects, and commissions.

With the 10 image limit on posts, I invite you to check out my ArtStation portfolio to see more work.

Let me know if you're interested! Cheers :)

|| TITLES I'VE WORKED ON ||

-Plague Breaker, Wozzy Games
-Dragorieta, LUEGO LU3GO STUDIOS
-Buzz Kill Zero, Kapa Ent
-Tasty Tower, Alakajam! entry with RocketRager
-Nogalious (Commodore 64 Port), LUEGO LU3GO STUDIOS
-Tänzer, Mikael Tillander
-Flappy Froggy, Andrei Cioara

|| PORTFOLIO ||

Misc. Sprites

Portraits

The Fighters' Resource

Please click the title to see more

Metroid Redux

More mockups here

Game mockups

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm updating my page. :D

Updates:

"Zero" theme for #pixeldailies
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/ckelsallpxls
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VICE documentary I made pixel art for:
How 8chan Became The Worst Place on The Internet | VICE News Tonight Special Report
Stills for your viewing pleasure:

Photos and animation images courtesy of HBO and “Vice News Tonight.”

I've been working on Buzz Kill Zero, which will be released in November. Check out the trailer for a peek at my pixel art (backgrounds and boss sprites)!
Latest trailer

I made the graphics for an entry for the Alakajam game jam, and it won first prize! Here is the entry's page:
Tasty Tower - Alakajam!

I'm working on a MSX game, which I'll tell you more about in December.

I still have some art under NDA unfortunately, so I can't show you some pixel art I particularly like.

In the meantime, here are a few sprites:

I am open to small/short gigs, and I'll be looking for bigger projects to work on from end November onwards. Don't hesitate in sending me a PM for any inquiries.

Hi, and Happy 2020 to those reading! Hope your game projects are successful.
A few new pieces to showcase, and to let you know I'm available for work:

Queen Metroid

Shmup Mockup

See you around!

Hello again!

I hope you're well in these difficult times.
I'm available for pixel art work.

Here are a few things I've been up to, as usual the rest is under NDA. ;)

A first dungeon crawler mockup made with a palette of mine, the 20MN, which you can find here: 20MN on Lospec

A second mockup, this time with my AGC palette, which you can find here: AGC on Lospec

And to finish, a platformer tileset made with the 20MN:

Do not hesitate to send me inquiries via email! I'd be more than happy to talk about solutions for your graphics needs.

Take care and see you around :)

Hello! :D

I hope things have been OK for you. I'm available for freelance pixel art work.

What I've done recently:
- Alchemist's Tower is now Plague Breaker, and I've been doing more work for this project. Check it out by joining WozzyGames's Discord! PM me if the invite expires.

-Made these mockups for Skeddles's 9999 challenge:

Sprite animations here

-Contributed these sprites to the latest Pokémon Sprite Collab:

-Dabbled in C64 graphics with Ptoing's blessing:

Multicolor mode

Hi Res mode

PETSCII (text mode)

More on my csdb.dk profile page.

Feel free to contact me via email for any inquiries, I'll be looking forward to hearing about your projects. :) Take care!

Best regards,

Chris

I really like this, it's such a strange colour palette and the art style is something I haven't seen before.

Also your profile picture reminds me of prometheus! :)
Thank you! The Commodore 64 palette is interesting, and line hatching is a lot of fun! Glad you like my avatar, too :)

I'm (necro)posting again to let you know that I am looking for some games to work on, and that I'd be interested to know if anybody needs some graphics to be done. I will be able to start work from September 22nd onwards.

More recent work:

mainmenu_torch_mock_3x.gif
Plague Breaker title screen

Pewter_Museum_of_Science_redrawn4x.png
Kanto Redrawn's Pewter City Museum

Celadon_Department_Store_3F_GSC_4x.png
Kanto Redrawn's Celadon Department Store

"equinox" PixelJoint Weekly Challenge entry

lizi_border_3x.png
"The Woman with the Hourglass Pendant"

chaosengine_VICE.png
"Chaos Engine Dino" Winner of the Plain PETSCII Graphics Competition 2021

Take care and best of luck on your game development projects!

Chris

Last edited: