• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Shaders Autotiling Tilemap Shaders

Dragon47

Download demo: http://www.mediafire...ders (Demo).exe

This extension includes two shaders which autotiles and depth sorts your tiles in an instant. There's a collection of 5 scripts which makes it easy to use the extension. Usually you would organize your tiles and create edges and corners etc. on the CPU, but this can be quite slow some times, so this asset focuses on doing these tasks on the GPU which can give you a great performance boost. Shuffling and updating all tiles in the window every step can be done with a steady 60+ frames per second.

Features:
  • Can be used for both sidescrollers and topdown games (and more).
  • Autotiling with fill, edges, outer corners and inner corners.
  • Tile variants. Makes the terrain look less random by varying between slightly different tile textures.
  • Adjustable tile size.
  • Specify different depth values for each tile sprite, tiles with the same depth connects to each other.
  • Support for chunk-based tile systems.
  • Very fast tile updates. The asset was made with focus on runtime efficiency.
  • Commented and organized code.
  • All GML and GLSL ES, no external libraries.
Marketplace link: https://marketplace....tilemap-shaders

Screenshots:

SamTHK

It is weird to ask on a 7-year-old thread. But I am considering buying this, can I ask that does your asset uses tile sets to auto-tile or does it just use sprites? Since I am currently needing an efficient way to implement auto-tile with just sprites.

Dragon47

It is weird to ask on a 7-year-old thread. But I am considering buying this, can I ask that does your asset uses tile sets to auto-tile or does it just use sprites? Since I am currently needing an efficient way to implement auto-tile with just sprites.
Just sprites if I recall correctly :) You can check the content tab on the marketplace asset page if you want to make sure