• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Auto-tiling problem

S

Spelfantast

Hi.

I've been struggling with the auto-tile system.
My game is based on a 16x16 pixel grid. As such, I want my tileset to be that as well.

I've made this tileset, prison tile import.png

it is 4x5 of 16 tile pieces. I want to be able to place tiles that are that small with the autotile system. I've placed the tiles into the 16 pieces autotile set and want to place it on in the room. However, when I do, the tile becomes much larger than that. One click places a 32x32 piece on the grid. Moreover, it is not aligned with how I can place instances in the room.

I tried to solve this by having the tiles offset x & y at 8, but this makes it impossible to fill out the left hand side of the room with a wall. (see image 1) for forum 1.jpg

I want the tileset to be on the same grid as as instances, and I want the tiles to be 16x16 not 32x32 (as in picture 2, but there it is not autotiles for forum 2.jpg ). Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance for advice!

Miradur

And you probably set the size of your tile set when you assigned it to the tile layer?
Default setting there is 32x32.

Miradur

S

Spelfantast

Hi.

When i made it a tileset i set every tile to be 16x16.
In the tileset layer properties, I can only see offset and depth, no size. In the top corner where i choose the size of the brush in autotile, it is on "1" the lowest possible, yet it becomes 32x32 when drawing in the room.

The point is, I could set the tiles to be 8x8, but then, what I've painted does not work, and painting a smaller tilset will look wrong. I have all the parts there in the beginning, i just want gamemaker to autotile it correctly. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thanks again for answers