• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Auto Quest - Incremental RPG Management Game (Very Early Development) [Looking for ideas]

S

ShadedColors

An RPG Management game in VERY early development!

My vision is to make an "Incremental Clicker" game without the clicking and a bunch of RPG mechanics thrown in!

Right now I'm working on the base interface.

HOW TO PLAY:

Left Click on a hero under the "Hero Choice List" to hire a hero. The hero will go into your "Hero Pool". Right click on a hero in the "Hero Pool" to see their stats and allocate stat points when you level up. Left click on a hero in the "Hero Pool" to add them to the current "Party". Left click on a "Quest" to send the current party on a quest and watch the quest start. A progress bar will go down on until the quest is complete and the heroes will earn experience and possibly level up. When a quest ends, the party from that quest will go back into the "Hero Pool". If a hero levels up, they will have an exclamation mark by their name which means you can allocate stat points to them (by right clicking them while they're in the "Hero Pool".

PLANNED FEATURES:

-Inventory/Equippable Gear for each hero (1/4 done)

-More complex quests (actual behind the scenes combat)

-Different Classes that affect heroes stats

-Buying/Selling Items and Gear

-An Ability system for heroes

I'm also wondering if I should show what's happening on each quest using a text log, but that might make the game too cumbersome lol. Let me know if you think that's a good idea!

Let me know of any bugs OR if you have any ideas or feedback! Thanks for playing my game prototype!

Here's my Itch.io page:
https://shadedcolors.itch.io/auto-quest

Here's a screenshot:
AutoQuest.png

Last edited by a moderator: