• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Authoring Tutorials

M

Marc Aubanel

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to use the new Tutorials feature in GameMaker Studio 2 (which is great by the way!). I searched in the manual and played with the Tutorial Template that is on the store.

I copied the files in the directory but it seems like the tutorial won't load with the project yyp having a tutorial link. On the Template it links to "tutorial": "com.YoyoGames.TutorialTemplate". Does this mean I have to publish to the Marketplace to see my tutorial?

M

Marc Aubanel

Hello! Yes, indeed, a tutorial has to be uploaded to the marketplace and then downloaded through the library. See the section "Making a Tutorial" from the manual for a rundown of how this works: https://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.html?page=source/_build/2_interface/2_extras/marketplace.html

I followed this procedure. I create a project with the downloaded yyp but it is sill not showing the tutorial window. I am following all the directions (I believe), and it is currently private as I am just trying to work out a workflow to author one. When I look at the project file in one of the gamemaker samples in a text editor I see they set "tutorial": "com.YoyoGames.TutorialTemplate" but mine is empty. When I try to add it manually the tutorial window selection is available but nothing pops up.