• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

"Authentication failed"

P

Palocles

Not sure where to ask this...

I'm trying to use GMS 2 on my wife's laptop while we're away on holiday but when I try to log in to it I get an error message "Authentication failed. Please verify your email and password and try again."

Does it use the same email and password as the forums? Is it geographically locked? Is it "number of computers" locked?

I really don't want to miss out on coding time while we're here.

Does it use the same email and password as the forums?
Only if you happened to have set up your YoYo Games account to be exactly the same as your forum account. Otherwise they are completely separate accounts, so you need to make sure you are using the correct one.

P

Palocles

Oh, ok. Well, when I first set it up I think it was the same but then I got locked out of the forum because the password requirements are excessive and had to change my password. So maybe, if I can figure out what my old password was, I can log into GMS...

Fingers crossed.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The log in details for GMS2 are the ones used to create your YoYo Account and are completly separate from the forum accounts system. If you are unsure of your login details for your YoYo Account, request a password change from the main login screen: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/

P

Palocles

Thanks. I sorted it out.

I usually use the same log in details for stuff and I knew they were different to usual for the forum but I haven’t had to log in to the software since I started so forgot it wasn’t the same.