• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension Audio visualizer/FFT extension

meseta

I've updated my previous audio visualizer extension to not only handle grabbing waveforms, but also compute FFT (frequency spectrum data).

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6950/audio-visualizer

It also turns into a convenient way to synchronise audio with gameplay, as you're able to load audio into an audio queue a chunk at a time, and GM's built-in async audio event will fire as the audio plays, letting you know which audio was just played. In the demo objects, I use this mechanism for syncing up the play slider.

Here's the demo that's included with the extension:

audioviz1.png audioviz2.png

The extension is Windows-only.

AceKiron

I have no idea if you are still active on these forums, as your latest post was made in August of 2019, but I've got an issue which causes the audio to freeze seemingly at random. If you could help, you can contact me on Discord. AceKiron#5467