• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Audio Recording bug | Doesn't detect microphones

DerkMorris

Hello.

This is my first thread on this forum. Sorry. So,

I want create something like a voice chat for my game, but Game Maker dosen't find any of my mics.
He can find only "Virtual Audio Cable". It is only one what i can get from audio_get_recorder_count and audio_get_recorder_info functions.
audio_get_recorder_count returns 1, and audio_get_recorder_info returns a info about "Virtual Audio Cable". I don't need that. I need my real microphone devices.
I tried to reinstall OS, i buyed a External Sound Card, i tried almost all.Not my microphone from audio card, not my microphone from my headphones pluged in my mother board have not been found by Game Maker.
Nothing. Only Virtual Audio Cable. Previously, before reinstallation OS i do not installed Virtual Audio Cable driver, and audio_get_recorder_count returns 0.

What i can do to fix this? I'm doing something wrong?

I asked for help on the Russian forum, but received no response, so I decided to ask for help here.

P.S. Sorry about my English