• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Audio issue in Sequences

elmagnum

I dragged an audio file to a sequence, and in the timeline it plays fine, but in-game the sound only plays on the left ear. Is there something I could've done wrong for this to happen or is there anything I can do to fix that?

Thanks!

Hey there, just jumping in here to say I have the same problem, from what I've heard it sounds like a bug

I also get like 20+ of these errors when my project loads since I started using audio in sequences

Cannot find metadata for object of type: Keyframe<AudioKeyframe> going to assume it's Keyframe`1
Cannot find metadata for object of type: AudioKeyframe going to assume it's AudioKeyframe

gregb

Hey there, just jumping in here to say I have the same problem, from what I've heard it sounds like a bug

I also get like 20+ of these errors when my project loads since I started using audio in sequences

Cannot find metadata for object of type: Keyframe<AudioKeyframe> going to assume it's Keyframe`1
Cannot find metadata for object of type: AudioKeyframe going to assume it's AudioKeyframe
I get that error as well. I recommend filing a bug report with yoyo. They haven't been able to solve the problem for me, but maybe with more info they can track it down.

TravsVoid

I ran into this issue myself, it sounds fine in the sequence editor but in-game when the sound plays it's only through the left ear. I got around it by replacing the sound effects with moments but this isn't an option if you're actually adding keys to change the audio in the sequence.

Pixel-Team

Master of Pixel-Fu
If memory serves, the audio will come out of both left and right as long as the sound is positioned at 0,0 in the sequence. This may or may not be where you consider to be the center of your animated sequence. Try it with the sound at different positions.

JeffJ

I'm also experiencing wonky sounds using sequences. Like described by others in this thread, it sounds fine in the editor, but in-game, it sounds... Off. Hard to describe exactly. I have tried setting all sound positions in the editor to 0,0 as suggested, but that made no difference.

Has this been confirmed as a bug?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
please file a bug with an example project, its not something I am aware of

Russell

rIKmAN

please file a bug with an example project, its not something I am aware of

Russell
I had this issue last week but hadn't had time to do any further testing.
Now I've seen others having the exact same issue I've just filed a bug report with an example project and repro steps - ticket #181145

rIKmAN

Recieved a reply from support today regarding the audio issue, it's not a bug it's because Sequences use emitters and the position/orientation needs to be set before using them.
Those values may also need resetting after the sequence has finished.

More info in the linked article.
Thank you for reporting this, we had actually added a bug about this previously but it turns out that this issue is not a bug but that sequences use an emitter and that the location of the listener in rooms is by default at 0,0. We have created a document to better detail it and the method to seek the desired result https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018747138