Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Joshua Allen, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Joshua Allen

Joshua Allen Member

I’m just doing some tests with the version 1.4.1772 but I’m not really able to test it because our game will not even start. The console gets to “Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12” and stays there. I waited for about two hours and nothing happens except for the runner taking up a lot of my CPU. It’s a rather large project so I also ran a single room project and it seemed to work fine.

I also tried to create a compressed applications zip and that half works. The executable starts but doesn't actually show. I know it starts because I can see it eating up my CPU in the Task Manager.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. obscene

obscene Member

Yes. I got the same thing with the previous version and then rolled it back. Tried this update today, and same thing...

Absolutely zero idea what to do about it. No error.

Curious, do you use Spine?

3. Joshua Allen

Joshua Allen Member

Yes, most of our sprites are spines. I did do a test with one spine and it worked just fine.

I've already rolled back to 1.4.1763 but it would be nice to have some of the new stuff that an update offers.