• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asynchronous Event/Gamepads

H

Hadin

In the manual it says that the asynchronous event pertaining to gamepads won't trigger unless there's a gamepad function in your code. So I've been trying to use and even modify the code from the tech blog tutorial of how to set up and use gamepads from here:

https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/75/how-to-setup-and-use-gamepads

I tried using it in a controller object that is the only thing that spawns in the first room, which is used as an initialization room. I've put code in its step event to try and meet the above mentioned condition. The only time I've gotten results is by cycling through a for loop in the create event. Outside of that, when I unplug the controller or reconnect it, the asynch event never triggers. I have text shown on the GUI to confirm the variables aren't being updated. Can anyone help? I can't find anything that explains it differently from the tech blog.

H

Hadin

Ok, well I know you guys hate people asking the same questions but I'm still looking for some help understanding this. Everything I can find online points me to the same tech blog, as does all forum posts. If I assume the slot is 0 then the gamepad works, but still the async event won't trigger during runtime and I'm not sure why. I'm not looking for pre-written code, but rather an understanding of why this isn't working.