• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Steam AstroShift

• Thread starter studioWHITEROCK
  • Start date
S

studioWHITEROCK

Hi Everyone! I'm proud to present my first GameMaker game, AstroShift, available now on Steam.

Download (purchase):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/703250/AstroShift/

AstroShift is a unique free-roam 2D space shooter, where your ship's destruction doesn't mean death - the explosion ejects you into space, and you have to find another ship before your air runs out.
AstroShift screenshot 7.png
There are 30 different ships - each with different specs and weapons - to take on the invading forces and run them out of your system.
AstroShift screenshot 4.png
I included everything I'd want in a shooter: hand-drawn '16 bit with polish' graphics, 7 layers of parallax (remember when parallax scrolling was a big deal?), a cool soundtrack, open levels with 'thinking' enemies to create different experiences every time, a Ship Index gallery where you can see the ships you've unlocked in larger detail, an unlockable arcade game (in an arcade, of course), and full 360 controller support.
AstroShift screenshot 2.png
I did everything myself - from coding to art to music. It took me 2 years to learn how to do everything, and I'm excited to finally be releasing it!
AstroShift screenshot 6.png

AstroShift screenshot 8.png

Last edited by a moderator: