1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Asterya - Open World Top-Down Space Shooter

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Xolkiyr, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Xolkiyr

Xolkiyr Member

As it stands, the game is in early access alpha on itch.io. I apologize in advance, but as I have it posted on an actual platform, I'm going to have to link it as an installer as a zip/stand-alone exe would seem unprofessional in my eyes. I will be adding more screenshots in the coming days as I have been trying to add more and more to the project each day.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and please do not sugar coat it. I want you to be as harsh as possible because I can't improve what I don't know is wrong. Most of the graphics are placeholders until I have a more finished project.

Link: https://smoothmover-games.itch.io/asterya

Screenshots:
    NewAsteria-Screenshot1.png NewAsteria-Screenshot2.png NewAsteria-Screenshot3.png NewAsteria-Screenshot4.png

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. curato

curato Member

Good Luck with your game! Should you want to do an exe google drive or something similar would hold it.

3. Xolkiyr

Xolkiyr Member

itch.io does a good job holding the exe. I was just saying that, if I read the forum rules, it's preferred that the link be to a stand-alone exe or zip archive and I'm not going to release two different copies of my game just to stick to the "preferred" method. It seems counter intuitive to me.

4. Carloskhard

Carloskhard Member

I would also recomend you to upload an stand-alone since this is just a beta and no one is going to install a beta game just to try it out. Think that you always have to be the game making easy for players to play! I hope you launch an stand-alone,then I will be able to try it and give you some feedback since I'm also into space game :)

5. Xolkiyr

Xolkiyr Member

The other reason I don't do standalone is because there are a lot of use of external files and I'm not fond of zip files. Installers run a lot cleaner.

6. Toque

Toque Member

I like the look. Nice.