• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Asteroids 3000 - Looking Feedback!! - UPDATED

G

Gillen82

UPDATE!!

Some level progression added
Can now use game controller
Ammo pickps
Removed timer and added lives
Added score
Can pause game
Able to toggle full screen -- based on 16:9 ratio
Changed some sprites (still not final, but a bit more variation) - as requested
Can turn ship slightly faster - as requested
Changed explosion sound - as requested

Looking some feedback on small project that I'm working on. General things such as
-How does the game feel to play?
-Does anything need added/removed?
-Anything at all that would help.

I've never completed a full project, and would like this to be the first.

No start screen or instructions on the game as of yet, so it will just throw you straight into it.

Controls are as follows:

left arrow - Rotate Left
right arrow - Rotate Right
up arrow -Thrusters
spacebar - Shoot

All feedback welcome

Cheers guys!!

http://bit.ly/2ldz6Xw

screenshot.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Slyddar

I assume you have been building this from the Shaun Spaulding tutorial?
Asteroids need variety, the explosion sound is a little much. The gun heat is a nice touch. The ship turns a little too slow imho. The explosion and hit animations need some frames, but I assume that will come.
Are there lives, or just a timer?
All up, good effort for a first game.

G

Gillen82

I assume you have been building this from the Shaun Spaulding tutorial?
Asteroids need variety, the explosion sound is a little much. The gun heat is a nice touch. The ship turns a little too slow imho. The explosion and hit animations need some frames, but I assume that will come.
Are there lives, or just a timer?
All up, good effort for a first game.
Cheers for feedback. Still at early stages, but just need direction as I'm quite new to this. I'll add/change what you suggested, and continue developing :)

B

Blakkid489

So I'm curious on what your plans are for this game. Lot of potential here. And by plans, I mean, graphics, music, customization(if any), controller uses?
All in all, it's good start for what it is and I hope do the most out this project. ;)