Question - General Assets being sold at price lower than listing

zbox

GMC Elder
Hi all, I've submitted a ticket but have not got a response yet and it continues to happen so I'd urge everyone to check - I've just started noticing a few of my assets have been sold for less than the price that I list them for. This is the gross price, not the VAT-excluded sale price which is in a different column. I've got steam sales turned off so it can't be that. The order ID also turns up as Unknown which is strange yet consistent with these less-than-sale-price items. Have a look at this image (the sale price is 24.99 currently and hasn't been changed).

Anyone else experiencing this/have an explanation? I don't think I've seen it before.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I have a few sales like this and all of them have VAT of 0 (and also the subtracted amount is suspiciously stable, in my case ~17%), so I'd suspect that VAT is being collected before the payment even makes it to YYG, perhaps by a payment provider.

Kaguva

I have a few sales like this and all of them have VAT of 0 (and also the subtracted amount is suspiciously stable, in my case ~17%), so I'd suspect that VAT is being collected before the payment even makes it to YYG, perhaps by a payment provider.
I still waiting the official responce

zbox

GMC Elder
So I just got this response:
After some investigation the purchase you have highlighted in your screenshot relates to a purchaser who has provided a VAT number. Due to this, they have not been charged the VAT on the purchase and as such, it is not shown in the publisher's breakdown. The VAT rate in the country of this purchaser is 24.0% which would make the amount of a $39.99 transaction = $32.25 excluding VAT.

The amount you receive, as a publisher, from the transaction should be unaffected by this. If you can see a difference please let us know the URL of the page you are seeing this on with a screenshot of the full page and we will have our web team investigate how this is being reported to you.

Kind Regards,
Brian
This to me highlights something that I have never agreed with on the store - including VAT in the user-set price, rather than adding it on top. This was a conscious choice made by YYG a while ago as I remember when it actually used to be added on top.

Because a user is VAT exempt, I don't receive my asking price for an asset and the tax isn't paid? It's really odd.