• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM AssetCompiler Error

Okay, my game was running just fine last time I ran it and then compiled it into an exe a couple of weeks ago. The exe game works perfectly. And I haven't done anything with the asset project folder since then, nor I have logged into GameMaker at all since a I compiled it a couple weeks back.

Today, I launched GameMaker 1.4 and tried to load into my game project to work on it and it all loads fine but when I hit the PLAY green arrow, it starts compiling and eventually comes up with an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error. It gives me no more information than that, and running the debugger also comes up with the same window.

My questions are WHY? Why is GameMaker suddenly not able to run my project when NOTHING HAS CHANGED and the last thing I did was compile an exe which runs perfectly with no errors?

My second questions is WHY doesn't GameMaker give me more specific information so I can figure out and fix whatever is wrong? Whatever is wrong seems to be an issue CAUSED BY GAMEMAKER, not anything I did as I've already explained

Third question... Is there someway I can fix this quickly rather than randomly pouring through my 15,000 lines of code in all my objects without a clue of how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

I have the same issue relating to the assetcompiler message popping up after I hit the green arrow. My message states " Path, File name too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."
Did you figure out how to fix your error message?

rIKmAN

I have the same issue relating to the assetcompiler message popping up after I hit the green arrow. My message states " Path, File name too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."
Did you figure out how to fix your error message?
That error message is pretty self explanatory.
Check the compiler log for the paths it is generating, find which one(s) are too long and take action to make sure they are as short as possible.

If you still aren't sure, post the contents of the log here inside a code and spoiler tags.

rIKmAN

Highlight the text in the log, copy it, then post here by clicking the icon above the textbox named "Insert", choose "Spoiler" and paste the text.

Click "Post Reply".

Compile started: 7:14:26 PM
"C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=12 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=9999 /gn="Dual Threat" /td="C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\justi\OneDrive\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_33459\gm_ttt_35993" "C:\RATED ARCADE PROJECT\Dual Threat.gmx\Dual Threat.project.gmx"
Reading project file....Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Game_Complete_Sound"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_33459\gm_ttt_35993\Dual Threat.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Converting Sound_Booing to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting QB_Hike to Ogg with bit rate 512, quality 6, stereo @ 48000Hz
Converting crowd to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Game_Background_Music to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Spin_Move to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Button_Pressed to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Powerup to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Target_Breaking to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting TD_Cheers to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Alien_Arcade_Game_Intro_sound to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Arcade_Sound_Suck_Into_Game_Intro to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting QB_Sack to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Instant_Transmission to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Final_Flash_Attack_1 to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Speed_Up to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Explosion_1 to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Fireball_Football to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Sacked to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Trunks_Hand_Motion to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_SSJ2_PowerUp_1 to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Game_Title_Intro to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Rushing_Touchdown to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Rated_Arcade_Presents to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_SS2_Powerup to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Times_Up to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting sound34 to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Bonus_Level_Complete to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Bonus_Level_Failed to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Tackled to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Bounce_off_Goal_Post to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Receiving_Touchdown to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Windows Ding to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Level_Complete to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
*writing audio file Sound_Booing.ogg...
*writing audio file Powerup.ogg...
*writing audio file QB_Hike.ogg...
*writing audio file TD_Cheers.ogg...
*writing audio file Button_Pressed.ogg...
*writing audio file Game_Background_Music.ogg...
*writing audio file crowd.ogg...
*writing audio file Spin_Move.ogg...
*writing audio file Target_Breaking.ogg...
*writing audio file Game_Title_Intro.ogg...
*writing audio file Fireball_Football.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_SS2_Powerup.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_SSJ2_PowerUp_1.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Final_Flash_Attack_1.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Instant_Transmission.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Trunks_Hand_Motion.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Explosion_1.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Speed_Up.ogg...
*writing audio file Sacked.ogg...
*writing audio file Rushing_Touchdown.ogg...
*writing audio file Rated_Arcade_Presents.ogg...
*writing audio file Receiving_Touchdown.ogg...
*writing audio file Times_Up.ogg...
*writing audio file Level_Complete.ogg...
*writing audio file Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Bonus_Level_Complete.ogg...
*writing audio file Bonus_Level_Failed.ogg...
*writing audio file Windows Ding.ogg...
*writing audio file Tackled.ogg...
*writing audio file Bounce_off_Goal_Post.ogg...
*writing audio file sound34.ogg...
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Warning : resource sprite_Top_Passer_Logo_sprite_Top_Passer_Logo_0 rescaled from 2190,310 to 1095,155
Warning : resource sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_0 rescaled from 3190,2020 to 1595,1010

Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at System.IO.Path.SafeSetStackPointerValue(Char* buffer, Int32 index, Char value)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at ..(String , Bitmap , Boolean , Boolean , Int32 , String )
at ..(String , String , Boolean , Boolean , Int32 , String )
at ..(String , Boolean , Boolean , Int32 , String , String , String[] )
at GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.(KeyValuePair`2 )
at GMAssetCompiler.Program..(Object )
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at System.IO.Path.SafeSetStackPointerValue(Char* buffer, Int32 index, Char value)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Warning : resource sprite_Game_Objective_Logo_sprite_Game_Objective_Logo_0 rescaled from 2817,310 to 1408,155
Asset Compile finished: 7:17:44 PM
Compile finished: 7:17:44 PM

rIKmAN

@RATED ARCADE
The first thing I noticed is this line:
Code:
C:\Users\justi\OneDrive\Documents\GameMaker\Cache
Are you using OneDrive to either store your projects or as the installation folder for GMS itself?
If not, what is OneDrive doing showing up as the Cache folder?

Always use local drives, using online storage such as OneDrive and Dropbox can cause issues with the locking of files and versioning which can lead to complete project corruption in a worst case scenario.

The next thing I notice is:
Code:
C:\RATED ARCADE PROJECT\Dual Threat.gmx\Dual Threat.project.gmx
Doesn't seem related, but stranger things have happened so try saving your project as another name (File > Save As) and make sure it only contains standard alpha-numeric characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and underscore) and make it as short as possible.

The actual "filepath too long" error seems to come after the auto-resizing of sprites that are too big for your texture page size (might want to fix that) and the sprite resource name seems to be:
Code:
sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_0
Is that the actual name of the sprite?

---------------------

Lastly, I'm not sure why you made made multiple threads and necro'd 2-3yr old threads asking the same question to people that aren't even members of the forum anymore (I counted at least 6 threads), but apart from making it impossible to keep all the information and replies to your problem in one place, it's against forum rules and just comes across as spamming.

You also PM'd me out of the blue with a dump of your AssetCompiler log.

Relax, when people who may be able to help you with your issue see your first thread they will reply, but remember it's almost Xmas and people have lives that don't revolve around the forum.

Last edited:
Understood, my apologies I was just overreacting and overwhelmed. But to answer your questions:

1. I’m saving strictly to my C drive idk why my Onedrive/documents are involved.

2. I will change the same to only short letters & numerical & I’ll check & resize the sprites that are too big for the texture page size.

3. The sprite:
sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logois one sprite idk why theirs a
sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_0 showing up as well.

rIKmAN

Understood, my apologies I was just overreacting and overwhelmed. But to answer your questions:

1. I’m saving strictly to my C drive idk why my Onedrive/documents are involved.

2. I will change the same to only short letters & numerical & I’ll check & resize the sprites that are too big for the texture page size.

3. The sprite:
sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logois one sprite idk why theirs a
sprite_Rated_Arcade_Sports_Logo_0 showing up as well.
1) Have a look in File > Preferences > General and see if any of the paths have been changed to use your OneDrive folder.
Specifically check the Asset Cache path as this seems liek it may be directly related to your error.

2) You can either resize the images to fit or change the texture page size - both will prevent GMS auto-resizing your sprites and losing quality.

3) Not sure either, I haven't used 1.4 for a long time so I can't remember if there was any weirdness with it's log outputs or why it would be reporting that.

Try testing those sprites in a fresh project and see if it compiles or not or gives the same error.
Save the project in the same place as this one, with a similar name length and using the same sprites and objects with the same names.

From there work backwards changing things and retesting until the smaller example compiles - this way you are working with less variables and it will be easier to pinpoint the change which fixed things which you can then apply to the main project and hope it has the same effect.

The same issue has reappeared.....smh. Does anyone have an idea on how to solved this issue. I tried erasing the cache, shortening the game title and making to file directory shorter but, still no change.

Compile started: 3:24:52 PM
"C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=4 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=9999 /gn="QBTT" /td="D:\QUARTERBACK INSTINCT TIME TRIALS" /cd="D:\QUARTERBACK INSTINCT TIME TRIALS" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /o="D:\QUARTERBACK INSTINCT TIME TRIALS\gm_ttt_3734\gm_ttt_50948" "C:\\QBTT.gmx\QBTT.project.gmx"

Reading project file....Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Game_Background_Music"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Alien_Arcade_Game_Intro_sound"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Arcade_Sound_Suck_Into_Game_Intro"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Game_Title_Intro"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound_SSJ2_PowerUp_1"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound_Final_Flash_Attack_1"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound_Instant_Transmission"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound_Trunks_Hand_Motion"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound_Explosion_1"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Kamehame"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "DBZ_Explosion"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "Rated_Arcade_Presents"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
Warning : Unable to find audio resource "sound34"- using default sound (Windows Ding)
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... D:\QUARTERBACK INSTINCT TIME TRIALS\gm_ttt_3734\gm_ttt_50948\QBTT.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Converting Start_Blocking to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Sound_Booing to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Blocking_Movement_Sound_Effect to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Red_Noise_Level_Crowd_Stomping to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting crowd to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting TD_Cheers to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting QB_Hike to Ogg with bit rate 512, quality 6, stereo @ 48000Hz
Converting QB_Sack to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Angry_Bull_Sound to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Viking_Thunder to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Bounce_off_Goal_Post to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Target_Breaking to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Powerup to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Spin_Move to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_Speed_Up to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Juke_Sound to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Fireball_Powerup_Player to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Trucked_Sound to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Speed_Powerup_Player to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Interception to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Fumble_Lost to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Out_of_the_Pocket to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Out_of_Bounds to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Rushing_Touchdown to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Sacked to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Times_Up to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Safety to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Bonus_Level_Failed to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Tackled to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Bonus_Level_Complete to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Receiving_Touchdown to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Interception_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Game_Complete_Sound to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Level_Complete to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Out_Of_The_Pocket_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Tackled_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Fumble_Lost_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Sacked_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Out_Of_Bounds_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Button_Pressed to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Cursor_Click to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Safety_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Times_Up_Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Windows Ding to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Windows Ding to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting Game_Over_Try_Again to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, stereo @ 44100Hz
Converting Fireball_Football to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sound_SS2_Powerup to Ogg with bit rate 192, quality 3, mono @ 44100Hz
*writing audio file Red_Noise_Level_Crowd_Stomping.ogg...
*writing audio file Start_Blocking.ogg...
*writing audio file Blocking_Movement_Sound_Effect.ogg...
*writing audio file Sound_Booing.ogg...
*writing audio file QB_Sack.ogg...
*writing audio file QB_Hike.ogg...
*writing audio file TD_Cheers.ogg...
*writing audio file crowd.ogg...
*writing audio file Bounce_off_Goal_Post.ogg...
*writing audio file Angry_Bull_Sound.ogg...
*writing audio file Viking_Thunder.ogg...
*writing audio file Target_Breaking.ogg...
*writing audio file Spin_Move.ogg...
*writing audio file Juke_Sound.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_Speed_Up.ogg...
*writing audio file Powerup.ogg...
*writing audio file Trucked_Sound.ogg...
*writing audio file Fireball_Powerup_Player.ogg...
*writing audio file Speed_Powerup_Player.ogg...
*writing audio file Interception.ogg...
*writing audio file Fumble_Lost.ogg...
*writing audio file Safety.ogg...
*writing audio file Out_of_the_Pocket.ogg...
*writing audio file Out_of_Bounds.ogg...
*writing audio file Sacked.ogg...
*writing audio file Tackled.ogg...
*writing audio file Times_Up.ogg...
*writing audio file Rushing_Touchdown.ogg...
*writing audio file Receiving_Touchdown.ogg...
*writing audio file Level_Complete.ogg...
*writing audio file Bonus_Level_Complete.ogg...
*writing audio file Bonus_Level_Failed.ogg...
*writing audio file Game_Complete_Sound.ogg...
*writing audio file Fumble_Lost_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Interception_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Out_Of_The_Pocket_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Out_Of_Bounds_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Safety_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Tackled_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Sacked_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Times_Up_Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Game_Over_Try_Again.ogg...
*writing audio file Cursor_Click.ogg...
*writing audio file Button_Pressed.ogg...
*writing audio file Windows Ding.ogg...
*writing audio file Windows Ding_1.ogg...
*writing audio file Fireball_Football.ogg...
*writing audio file sound_SS2_Powerup.ogg...
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Warning : resource sprite_Level_4_Goal_sprite_Level_4_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_1_Goal_sprite_Level_1_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_4_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_4_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_1_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_1_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_5_Goal_sprite_Level_5_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_5_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_5_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_9_Goal_sprite_Level_9_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_6_Goal_sprite_Level_6_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_13_Goal_sprite_Level_13_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_10_Goal_sprite_Level_10_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_2_Goal_sprite_Level_2_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_17_Goal_sprite_Level_17_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_3_Goal_sprite_Level_3_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_14_Goal_sprite_Level_14_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_3_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_3_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_2_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_2_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_21_Goal_sprite_Level_21_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_6_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_6_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Bonus_Level_7_Goal_sprite_Bonus_Level_7_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_18_Goal_sprite_Level_18_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_7_Goal_sprite_Level_7_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_8_Goal_sprite_Level_8_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_22_Goal_sprite_Level_22_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_25_Goal_sprite_Level_25_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_11_Goal_sprite_Level_11_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_29_Goal_sprite_Level_29_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_12_Goal_sprite_Level_12_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_26_Goal_sprite_Level_26_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_15_Goal_sprite_Level_15_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_16_Goal_sprite_Level_16_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_19_Goal_sprite_Level_19_Goal_0 rescaled from 1920,2788 to 960,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_30_Goal_sprite_Level_30_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_20_Goal_sprite_Level_20_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_23_Goal_sprite_Level_23_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_24_Goal_sprite_Level_24_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_27_Goal_sprite_Level_27_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394
Warning : resource sprite_Level_28_Goal_sprite_Level_28_Goal_0 rescaled from 1912,2788 to 956,1394

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Asset Compile finished: 3:31:24 PM
Compile finished: 3:31:24 PM

rIKmAN

Are you still using GMS 1.4?
If the same error has reappeared then it's likely that you have added assets and/or changed something which makes the paths used during compilation too long again.

You also still need to fix your sprite resizing issue and look into the missing audio files that have been replaced with the Windows "ding" sound.

Are you still using GMS 1.4?
If the same error has reappeared then it's likely that you have added assets and/or changed something which makes the paths used during compilation too long again.

You also still need to fix your sprite resizing issue and look into the missing audio files that have been replaced with the Windows "ding" sound.
Yes, I'm still using GMS 1.49999.
Everything works fine on my desktop computer but when I copied & transferred the GMS files to my laptop (via zip extraction) that's when the compile error occurred.