GMS 2 Asset Layer Question

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hughrock_projects, Aug 31, 2019.

1. hughrock_projects

hughrock_projects Member

Hello GM community!

The usual disclaimer: No clue if this is the right place to post this.

Easy question (hopefully): How do I remove / delete a sprite placed in any asset layer within the room editor.

I've read through the manual (specifically regarding room editor and asset layer) and, unless I completely overlooked it, I didn't see anything describing the means to removing a sprite from the asset layer in the room editor.

Thank you in advance. Sorry for the extreme noobism. I'm new to GMS:2. Played with GMS:1.4 until a month ago.

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Select the sprite in the room (click it with the left mouse button) then hit Delete on the keyboard.

3. hughrock_projects

hughrock_projects Member

Yes! It worked! Thank you! Honestly, I should've figured that out...

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

No problem, welcome to the community.

There are a lot of shortcut keys that can be used inside the IDE in the various editors to speed up your workflow, a full list of which can be found in the manual here:
    https://docs2.yoyogames.com/source/_build/1_overview/2_quick_start/8_shortcuts.html

You might not need them or use them right now as you only just started using GMS2, but over time you will come to find some of them really useful.