• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Asset dissappearing and empty asset duplication???

toxigames

What on earth is going on here? This weird issue began when I tried to move the dynamics_obj from the bottom of the dynamics_oGrp group hierarchy to the top. Somehow that created what I am calling an "empty duplicate", because the duplicate object asses is empty but looks like it is a duplicate? I couldn't open it though. That's when I decided to start recording to see if I could do it again, to show what happens. I couldn't make it happen again, but then suddenly *POOF* everything inside the Dynamics_oGrp group is gone...??? What is this? I haven't seen this happen before, well at least something similar was years ago. Anyone else had this happening? Is there a solution, a fix? Is it a known bug?

I haven't saved or restarted GM yet... bit afraid what will happen :(. So should I save as a new project in a new project folder, so to not overwrite the old?

The disappearing assets happens at around 1:20.

EDIT: so I tried saving, exiting GM and restarting and loading the save project. And unfortunately the dynamics_oGrp folder and everything in it is now gone.... I also tried looking into the gmx file using notepad++ and unfortunately the missing folder and object structure is also gone from the actual saved gmx file. This is a bad bad error.

So guys... if you try to move your assets around in the hierarchy you risk something nasty happening here. This sort of bugs shouldn't still be around... GM 1.4 is about to be discontinued but still fatal bugs like this are still an issue :(

Last edited: