• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Asset Compile Issue with debug/run/clean up

V

vicdrone

Sorry for making another post like this and I see other people have the same issue with this but when I follow their example and solutions, I still run into the same problem as from before or even worse from before.

I tried putting %SystemRoot%\System32; on my system variable in path but it gave a fatal exception to game maker studio 2 when starting the program.

I have uninstall, reinstall the program and still have the same issue.

I try messing with settings and try to use older version of run time and have spam the living out of the report button and I still can't get this problem fix though?

I try Game Maker Studio 1 and it is working fine and runs fine, it is just GMS2 that acts up.

The issue I get is
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)
elapsed time 00:00:07.2304239s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 05/08/2018 23:00:00
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

'subst' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
elapsed time 00:00:00.1581114s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 05/08/2018 23:00:07
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Isn't that mean I have to put the %systemRoot%\System32; again?

I am sorry for making another post about this but just been trying so hard to fix this issue on my own and looking at the forums but there is nothing that has helped me. I have not put any code or anything, I only set a room with tiles down and I want to see how it looks but can't with this error keep happening.

I am using Game Maker 2, GML and the latest patch. Thank you.

V

vicdrone

It somehow started working out of no where. I left everything the way it is without any changes when I turn off my PC and when I turn it on and launch the program and compile the game, it works fine?

It randomly started working now. Will post if any happens.