1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Ascended Dark Matter (Bullet Hell/Shoot Em' Up)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Sabrina Stoakes, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Sabrina Stoakes

Sabrina Stoakes Member

If I remember correctly the way it worked (There are some controls that aren't implemented into it because I programmed them early,) were the LMB was manual fire/charge, RMB was bomb, MMB was detonate. That could still work as a combined keyboard control though, because spacebar is auto-fire, and shift (any shift) is laser. Maybe I could like add a check where if you move the mouse a certain amount (to keep from accidental movements,) it switches over to mouse controls+keyboard controls, and if you press like WASD, or the directional keys is switches the movement controls back to keyboard only. I'll play around with it :0

O.Stogden likes this.
  2. O.Stogden

O.Stogden Member

Sweet, choice is always a good thing to have in a game. Even if it is a pain to implement. Controlling the menus with a gamepad wasn't the easiest thing in my game, but I got there eventually, even if it isn't 100% how I wanted it.

Your idea of switching the controls seems pretty seamless and I think it'd work well. Games like My Time at Portia do that where button prompts change depending on what input method was last detected, gamepad or keyboard.

Sabrina Stoakes likes this.