Free Artificial Intellect (2015)

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Gardraphius, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Gardraphius

Gardraphius Member

This is Artificial Intellect, a 2-D Platformer with Metroidvania elements. This is my very first game project started in April of 2015, to late August of 2015.
    ai1.jpg
    There are many obstacles to overcome as Artificial Intellect attempts to escape the prison ship holding him captive. These obstacles are turrets, lasers and security orbs.
    ai2.jpg

This is my entry for the 2015 Australian STEM Video Game Challenge, which did not win but was awarded a Highly Commended certificate for making it to the final voting phase. Artificial Intellect features an in-game encyclopedia to fulfill the challenge's requirements for STEM themes.
    ai3.jpg
    Artificial Intellect doesn't have enemies but it does have the Prison Ship's powerful defense systems, which consist of turrets, beams and security balls, all of which are formidable barriers in our robotic character's path.

This game is quite short but offers quite the challenge, with a few secrets to find to increase the player's traversal capabilities and health. This game offers at least 10 minutes of gameplay. Also, if I were you, I'd mute on the title screen, the music there is not the best.

With that said, all content within the game is 100% my own work, with not even one asset used, apart from programming assistance, to whom I do have a special thanks to Shaun Spalding and his Beginner Platformer Tutorial Series for help in developing this game.

Artificial Intellect can be downloaded from Gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/artificial-intellect/206347

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Jabbers likes this.