• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Arrow Twist - iOS,Android,WP

Still57

Title: Arrow Twist
Links: iOS, Android, Windows Phone

Tap, Shoot, and Get Twisty!

Welcome to the beautiful world of shooting arrows towards a spinning yellow ball, watching each arrow rotate with the ball as they stick to it, and trying to avoid shooting arrows at other arrows while tapping your screen nonstop. That is basically what this game is about. So, enjoy this marathon of fun-tastic archery and beat your own high score if you must (and the high scores of fellow bowmen of course!). Thus awaits aa twisting sun coloured sphere for you and your skills. Tap, shoot, and get twisty! Cheers!

Features:
- Levels: Progress through 120 levels! (Levels through 100-120 are extremely challenging, you have been warned!)
- Coins: Collect coins each time you play
- Shop: Use your coins to unlock 21 different arrows
- Night Mode: So you don't feel like you're looking at the sun
- Rotation Change: Choose your rotation to be clockwise or anti-clockwise
- Leaderboards: Challenge your friends and archers from all around the world using Google Play Services or Game Center
- Animations: Enjoy beautiful twisty animations for days

Screenshots:

Last edited:

MeSako

Thing is, as it is now, the game will end when there are to many arrows, thus there is a max amount of arrows to attatch to the ball..

So I was thinking.. have powerups apear on the edge of the ball, that follows it around.. that triggers when hit by an arrow. And if you can't hit them, they disapear after a while.
And ofcourse, don't make them big, or they will be to easy to hit :)

Poweup 1: A bunch of arrows fall off from the ball.
Powerup 2: The ball spins slower.
Powerup 3: The ball spins faster.

You can certanly come up with more if you like :)

B

blue apple

Whats about every 5 arrow , you got a blue one that can only be placed only on other arrows ? :)

Still57

Features added in v1.1.0:

- New Shop: You can now collect coins and unlock 9 different arrows
- New Rotation Button: You can now change the rotation to be anti-clockwise
- Menu design has been improved
- Added sound effects

Check out the screenshots for the updated version

Last edited:

Still57

Features added in v1.2.2:

- Levels: Added 120 levels!
- Shop: There are 21 different arrows in the shop now
- Added rewarded video ads

Check out the screenshots for the updated version

Last edited:

YoKoNo

Hey this looks really good!, I watched a few other vids on that channel (is it yours?) There was a multiplayer flappy bird clone, was that yours as well?

How did you get the images on either side to enlarged? Is that in game or the recording software?

T

TinyGamesLab

Simple concept, simple game, excelent execution = hours of fun!

I like the menu's and the transitions. Everything has easing, from sliding transitions to the number size change when you hit the target, so it seems natural.
The arrow shop is a nice addition, but I would like to see some improvements from buying arrows. This would hook me up even more.
The ads feel spaced enough and do not interfere or annoy the player.
Night/day mode was a nice touch.
Levels is also a very nice addition. Maybe what could be added later on is also a timer to shoot. If you take to long you lose (maybe a whole new category besides arcade and levels).
It plays well on my phone and I definitely recommend.

I would also like to know some things:
  • How did you implement the ads?
  • How many people have been playing it? Can you show some statistics?
Regards,
TinyGamesLab