Windows Arietta of Spirits - Story driven action-adventure

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by AriettaOfSpirits, Sep 11, 2019.

1. AriettaOfSpirits

AriettaOfSpirits Member

[​IMG]

Hiya all!

We are a three-member team from Finland and have been working on this game for little over a year now, (although the work on the prototype and story started over 2 years ago as a solo effort.)

Arietta of Spirits is a story-driven action-adventure, following Arietta on her journey to unveil the mysteries of the Spirit Realm.

The game is set to launch in 2020.

[​IMG]

PLOT
    The game tells the story of Arietta and her family, visiting their Grandmother's cabin for the first time after her passing away a year prior.
    However, the family trip takes an unexpected turn when Arietta meets a mysterious new friend and gains the ability to see the strange beings that inhabit the island.

[​IMG]

Arietta of Spirits places a heavy emphasis on story telling and features a fast paced realtime combat system to balance it out!

[​IMG]

Demo along with a trailer coming very soon!
    (Join our Discord channel to get an earlier access to the demo!) :)

LINKS
    Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1140170/Arietta_of_Spirits/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/ariettagame
    Discord - discord.gg/72uZ3cG

ReidDC, Joe Ellis, CMAllen and 2 others like this.
  2. Gardraphius

Gardraphius Member

Very nice looking game, simplistic but very effective colourful pixel art. Looks like it's set in a vain similar to the Mother series, I hope good things come your way. I only hope that you will eventually get the exposure for your game that you deserve. It might be an idea to suggest wishlisting on Steam too, it increases its visibility on the storefront of upcoming releases a short time before the set in stone release date. Best of luck to you.

3. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

Nice graphics:)

4. Toque

Toque Member

Yeah. Looks great. Well done.

Joe Ellis likes this.
  5. spoonsinbunnies

spoonsinbunnies Member

really like the art style.

Joe Ellis likes this.
  6. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

I think this is actually the best graphics game I've ever seen on this website, I can't wait to see more, it looks so cool, I can't wait to play it, the realtime combat system is what sold it for me, just amazing

7. AriettaOfSpirits

AriettaOfSpirits Member

Thank you for the compliments! :)

Here is a link to the "closed beta" demo:
    https://ariettaofspirits.itch.io/ariettaofspirits?password=kbzShFVv
    It's missing a few little things, like main menu background etc. but it's very close to being finished. We are currently polishing it and ironing out the bugs players have found, and then we'll release the demo "officially" :)

Joe Ellis likes this.