SOLVED Are there any known room inheritance bugs?

flyinian

Current problem I'm facing:
1. I can't override anything in a child. It must be done within the parent. Example: If I have a tile layer, I must assign a tile asset within the parent so, it can work in the child.
2. I can't paint tiles outside the parent's room perimeter within a child's room. I made a post here.

This seems to be the issue I'm having currently for #2 so, I'm not alone but this was 10 months ago. Link

I've been getting this error. "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" . No idea if it has anything to do with the issues I'm having. I also found this post relating to the error.

Any help/clarification is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Current problem I'm facing:
1. I can't override anything in a child. It must be done within the parent. Example: If I have a tile layer, I must assign a tile asset within the parent so, it can work in the child.
2. I can't paint tiles outside the parent's room perimeter within a child's room. I made a post here.

This seems to be the issue I'm having currently for #2 so, I'm not alone but this was 10 months ago. Link

Any help/clarification is appreciated. Thanks.
For future reference - to check known bugs you can go through the normal bug reporting process and it will show you a list of "Known Issues" and their current status (Fixed/Fixed in Beta/Reported) before you have to enter any information.

A quick look just now shows the following which seems to be directly related to your issues:
In-Game: Using room inheritance can cause instance variables to not inherit correctly from a parent object - [REPORTED]
It's marked as reported so they are already aware of the issue but no fix has been released yet.

flyinian

For future reference - to check known bugs you can go through the normal bug reporting process and it will show you a list of "Known Issues" and their current status (Fixed/Fixed in Beta/Reported) before you have to enter any information.

A quick look just now shows the following which seems to be directly related to your issues:

It's marked as reported so they are already aware of the issue but no fix has been released yet.
Good to know. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.