• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Are the issues related to the options.ini fixed in gms2?

S

Steve Gal

Hello I am currently suffering from some seriously annoying bugs with GMS1.4. I am finishing my second commercial game so I didn't want to change to GMS2, my main issue is that all I hear is about all the great new features of GMS2 when my main concern is some old issues related to the global game settings.

So my question is does GMS2 still suffer from these annoying bugs like the room to room slowdown, and black screen startups, as well as the really bad compatibility issues with Win10, are these issues fixed in GMS2? Or are they still there unchanged?

I want to upgrade to GMS2 but if the compatibility and stability didn't increase I will not do so until my next project.

rIKmAN

Hello I am currently suffering from some seriously annoying bugs with GMS1.4. I am finishing my second commercial game so I didn't want to change to GMS2, my main issue is that all I hear is about all the great new features of GMS2 when my main concern is some old issues related to the global game settings.

So my question is does GMS2 still suffer from these annoying bugs like the room to room slowdown, and black screen startups, as well as the really bad compatibility issues with Win10, are these issues fixed in GMS2? Or are they still there unchanged?

I want to upgrade to GMS2 but if the compatibility and stability didn't increase I will not do so until my next project.
I can't speak for room to room slowdown or black screen startups as I haven't encountered any - the IDE used to start with a white screen every now and then and need closing and re-opening but that's not happened to me for a while so I assume that bug was fixed.

I use Windows 10, always take the updates from Windows Update and don't have any issues running GMS2, but I can't speak for everyone as I assume some problems are hardware specific.

S

Steve Gal

I was not specific enough I mean the compiled games suffering from these issues that can be """""fixed"""" by editing the global game settings via the options.ini. A lot of my costumer suffered from these issues (approximately 15-20% of users from issues related to these settings) but thanks for the reply.