Legacy GM Are Spine2D events supported?

obscene

Oh wow I'll have to check this out although I've already taken the very long route around this shortcoming. I really have to wonder how this could possibly work and how efficient it could be.

Oh wow I'll have to check this out although I've already taken the very long route around this shortcoming. I really have to wonder how this could possibly work and how efficient it could be.
Well, I'm pretty much just manually reading the events from the json, as GameMaker would/should have done if it was a built-in functionality - the big caveat in the method is, that you will need to have a copy of the json file in the included files as well (and need to run a couple of setup scripts), but jsons are just text files, so it is not that much of extra data :)
I haven't per se benchmarked it (and I don't really have anything to compare it to) but so far in my personal usage it has worked well and efficiently ;)

obscene

I noticed your video after my comment and then seen roughly how it's working. It's a pretty good workaround! Only shortcoming I think I see is that you may have to be calling the listen script multiple times in order to listen for multiple events when seems like it could be heavy. At the moment I'm only listening for footsteps and so I'm doing a bunch of switch statements depending on the animation and the image_index which is pretty efficient so I don't have the need for this at the moment but I'm still tempted to pick it up to spite Yoyo for leaving this out! :p

I noticed your video after my comment and then seen roughly how it's working. It's a pretty good workaround! Only shortcoming I think I see is that you may have to be calling the listen script multiple times in order to listen for multiple events when seems like it could be heavy. At the moment I'm only listening for footsteps and so I'm doing a bunch of switch statements depending on the animation and the image_index which is pretty efficient so I don't have the need for this at the moment but I'm still tempted to pick it up to spite Yoyo for leaving this out! :p
Yeah I am considering also adding a "get all events for the current step"-script as well for when that's the need :) It's faster if you know a lot of events may trigger at the same time, though slower if you are only using a few events. Still I think this can be a good addition.

But when just doing footsteps, it's waaay faster just to check against image_index ^^