1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Asset - Extension Arduino DLL

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Buff, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ashley James Brown

Ashley James Brown Member

Does anyone know if this can work with mac version of gamemaker and if not... will i have to create my own new extension. ?

reason: I want to be able to send some data from the game in gamemaker to my arduino for some physical outputs.

2. Buff

Buff Member

This extension will not work on Mac, it is for Windows only. You'd have to create a new Mac extension if you want to talk to an Arduino on Mac.

3. Kyon

Kyon Member

Arduino now a days can setup as a gamepad, and GMS2 recognizes that.
    (I believe you have to set the output to something like "Keyboard + Mouse + Gamepad + Serial")

I did it a while a go, made a "controller" out of 3 sonar sensors, made a little algoritmic sound-game in it. Here is a video:

Buff and Ashley James Brown like this.
  4. Ashley James Brown

yes it can. using an arduino for INPUT to gms2 is easy. Im already doign that no problem.
    I want to OUTPUT to arduino to a specific set of hardware.

Not to worry. Ill build the extension myself and then chuck it up for others.

If i cant be bothered ill use the shell extension to execute a mini executable app that i can code in processing that will talk to the arduino instead. bit long winded but will work.

5. Ashley James Brown

OK ill see if I have time/inclination to do this if my other solution doesn't work. Cheers

6. Ashley James Brown

btw - thats lovely :)

Kyon likes this.
  7. Jacob Conway

Jacob Conway Member

Hello Buff! is the Arduino DLL incompatible with GMS:2? I have attempted to use it with now luck.