iOS Apple rejection policy 4.3 Spam

clee2005

Ok so I'm VERY frustrated with Apple after having our 2.5 year old app suddenly denied with an update submission siting this policy. I tried another of our games and got this same thing. Got a phone call from an Apple rep finally and got this policy repeated to me over and over as I justified our apps and the differences between them. I discussed the fact that each are hand crafted without templates and that there are lots of users. All of the reviews are around 4.5 stars and not one review mentions a problem with having multiple releases of the same concept.

Word Wow
Word Wow Seasons
Word Wow Big City
Word Wow Around the World

I mentioned Angry Birds and Candy Crush, which both have sequels and spin offs similar to our games. Got 4.3 recited to me. THEN when I thought it couldn't be more frustrating or depressing she starts talking about our other word games which are not part of this Word Wow series and says they should be containerized as well. Apparently, they have deemed that any word game from us should all be in the same single app container.

What is wrong with this company? It's their store and they can do what they want, but they are destroying indie companies with this policy. These apps make money for them, have a lot of users who enjoy them and actively request more. It's so frustrating, and I know I'm not the only one... but just thought I'd vent here.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Using this logic, it would be impossible to make sequels. If sequels are OK under their rules, just stick a number between the "Word Wow" and the subtitle. Otherwise, publish the games elsewhere... there's not much else to do.

clee2005

Using this logic, it would be impossible to make sequels. If sequels are OK under their rules, just stick a number between the "Word Wow" and the subtitle. Otherwise, publish the games elsewhere... there's not much else to do.
Yes, we have our games in other stores, and I intend on focusing all of our energies to Google Play and elsewhere. Clearly Apple doesn't care about Devs or they wouldn't be doing something so ruinous. I'd be a fool to continue being a loyal Apple user. While I realize it will have no impact, I'm selling my iPhone and pretty much sour on all things Apple. I imagine there will be lots of other Devs that will never develop for this company again as well.

Hers's an article about it :
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/08/apples-widened-ban-on-templated-apps-is-wiping-small-businesses-from-the-app-store/